skip navigation

April COVID-19 Update

By SDYS, 04/13/20, 12:00PM PDT


SDYS Community,

The start of April has come and gone as we head into the 2nd half of the month. Thankfully, the shelter-in-place orders appear to be working and the spread of COVID-19 is stabilizing and even slowing down.

At this point in time, we are basically in a wait-and-see mode and waiting for guidance from city/county/state government, USA Softball and neighboring softball leagues to see when it if and when it will be safe to resume softball activities.

Our ideal scenario is to come to some sort of conclusion to the Spring Season - preferably at somewhere between one to three weeks of practice and games before an end-of-season tournament, even if this means concluding the season later than usual. Mid-to-late May? June? Maybe even July?

Our worst case scenario would be that social distancing must continue to be enforced to ensure the safety of our community and we would be unable to finish the spring season.

A USA Softball Presidents meeting will be held next week, the week of April 20th, to further discuss what the the best possibilities are for moving forward. Governor Newsom also announced that at the end of the month the state will be re-evaluating the data to see where we stand.

In the mean time, thank you for the support and stay safe. We hope to see you on the dirt, soon.

SDYS Board of Directors